From: Terry Allen <hmag@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: Exporting mail from SIMS
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2002 21:17:19 +1000
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>Hello, on 10.07.2002 14:36, Terry Allen at hmag@ozemail.com.au wrote:
>
>> Hi again,
>> Well, I have finally got my OSX server up & running & sadly, my
>> SIMS server now is finally offline. I have a small amount of user mail
>> which I need to export from SIMS into a format that Sendmail can understand
>> - can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this, or perhaps provide me with
>> a link to some suitable information on how to do it. Thanks for any help.
>
>The text mailboxes in SIMS are in the bsd-style mailbox format and should be
>accepted by sendmail as they are (you still need to take care of the
>different EOL marks on MacOS classic and *nix.)
>
>--
Hi again,
Thanks for that - I don't quite understand though - does this mean
I can 'cut & paste' from the SIMS user mailbox into the sendmail mailbox
file? I did try this, but when I tried to access that user's mailbox from a
webmail interface & it said something along the lines of 'invalid mailbox
format'
I'm guessing the term 'EOL' you use refers to End Of Line, or
Carriage Returns - thanks for the info.

Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
hEARd
c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
The Entrance
NSW    2261
Australia

Internet -
WWW:
http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
http://hosting.heard.com.au

Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/

EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
hmag@ozemail.com.au