From: Terry Allen <hmag@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: Exporting mail from SIMS
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:40:22 +1000
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>At 8:36 PM +1000 7/10/02, Terry Allen  imposed structure on a stream
>of electrons, yielding:
>>Hi again,
>> Well, I have finally got my OSX server up & running & sadly, my
>>SIMS server now is finally offline. I have a small amount of user mail
>>which I need to export from SIMS into a format that Sendmail can understand
>>- can anyone tell me the easiest way to do this, or perhaps provide me with
>>a link to some suitable information on how to do it. Thanks for any help.
>
> From the Unix command line:
>
>cat oldmailboxname | tr "\r" "\n" > newmailboxname
>
>The middle part will replace all the carriage returns (i.e. Mac line
>breaks) with linefeeds (i.e. Unix line breaks) while the rest is
>plumbing. I actually use this regularly with my Eudora mailboxes
>(which are also classic mbox format with a line break switch.)

Hi again,
Thanks Bill. As I just mentioned in my reply to Dmitry, with your
method there, I guess I just place the 'oldmailbox.name/ & pipe it into
'newmailbox.name' Will your method allow me to append it to the user's now
active sendmail box?

Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
hEARd
c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
The Entrance
NSW    2261
Australia

Internet -
WWW:
http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
http://hosting.heard.com.au

Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/

EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
hmag@ozemail.com.au