From: Terry Allen <hmag@ozemail.com.au>
Subject: Re: Exporting mail from SIMS
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 07:40:22 +1000
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

>>> The text mailboxes in SIMS are in the bsd-style mailbox format and
>>>should be
>>> accepted by sendmail as they are (you still need to take care of the
>>> different EOL marks on MacOS classic and *nix.)
>>>
>>> --
>> Hi again,
>> Thanks for that - I don't quite understand though - does this mean
>> I can 'cut & paste' from the SIMS user mailbox into the sendmail mailbox
>> file? I did try this, but when I tried to access that user's mailbox from a
>> webmail interface & it said something along the lines of 'invalid mailbox
>> format'
>
>Did you try to access those using the command line 'mail' utility?
>Strange, that should work.
>Try to remove the "; 000000113765" marks at the end of the separating line
>("From return-path@address...."). If that does not help, you may need to
>enclose the return-path address on that line into the <angle> brackets.

Hi again,
Okay, I'll give that a try - I'm guessing from your replies here
that I should be able to append the mail into the user's existing mailbox
on sendmail though, if I can get the format right.

Bye for now, Terry Allen
hEARd

Postal Address:
hEARd
c/o 128 The Entrance Rd
The Entrance
NSW    2261
Australia

Internet -
WWW:
http://heard.com.au or http://www.ozemail.com.au/~hmag
http://hosting.heard.com.au

Interactive Message Board - http://heard.com.au/wwwboard/

EMAIL: (checked every Thursday & Sunday, sometimes more often)
hmag@ozemail.com.au