From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: Re: Receiving Mail for a Domain That's Gone
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 13:23:23 -0700
To: Neil Herber <nospam@mail.eton.ca>, SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 3:57 PM -0400 07/11/2002, Neil Herber wrote:

>>>Probably a silly question as you've probably already checked this, but are
>>>you sure that the actual messages are queued to be relayed, or could the
>>>queued messages be bounce messages.
>>
>>Actual, incoming messages.
>
>Warren
>
>Here's another stupid question ...
>
>If you are using the web interface (as I do) go to the QUEUE page, pick one of the offending queued messages and click on the link. What does the disposition tell you? I'm willing to bet it is "Failed", in which case the message is just hanging around for you to examine.
>
>To reduce the hanging-around-time, go to the GENERAL page and set "Delete Failed Messages:" to a smaller value.

Well, of course the status is Failed. But that still doesn't answer the question of Why SIMS accepted the mail in the first place, given that there are no router entries for the domain.

>If the disposition is something other than "Failed"  - like "Suspended" - I'll put my thinking cap (or dunce cap) back on.  ;->

I'd expect Suspended if it was outgoing mail, not incoming.

--
"Your new computer's not gonna be a Mac? Dude, you're getting a Dull!"