From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: Re: Receiving Mail for a Domain That's Gone
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2002 16:40:02 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 6:40 PM -0400 07/11/2002, Neil Herber wrote:

Unfortunately the SIMS log uses the term "relay" when it really means "deliver". It is not saying that it will operate as an open relay for mx1.deals4recruiters.com, it is saying that it will deliver the message from mx1.deals4recruiters.com to an account (client) on your server.

Whether it's "deliver" or "relay", it's a distinction without a difference. There's no such client on this mail host. Why does it think that there is?

Flogging the dead horse yet again:

mindcorral.com = error

and kiss these things goodbye.

Unfortunately, an error routing returns a message like this:

Diagnostic-Code: SMTP; 592 address is blacklisted.

Exactly. I'd rather bounce mail addressed to these folks so they'll (maybe) stop sending it.

--
"President Bush said the 9-11 terror strikes were an attack on our freedoms.

"John Ashcroft has decided that it's better to destroy those freedoms
 than to leave them exposed as such an easy target."

 - Pauly & Maury, Weakly Politics newsletter