From: Neil Herber <nospam@mail.eton.ca>
Subject: Re: Slow SIMS, deleting Logs
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2002 23:26:45 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
It is rumored that on or about 2002-07-16 8:20 PM -0700, Thomas Tempelmann wrote as follows:
I wonder if there is an easy way to keep the logs to a few
dozen at any time? E.g, has someone made an AppleScript that
periodically scans the folder and removes old ones? If so,
could you direct me to it, or just send it to me?

Thomas

Thomas

My solution requires no Applescripting.

Once a month I use Stuffit to combine the logs into a single file and I move that file into an "archived SIMS logs" folder outside the SIMS log folder.

Saves tons of space too!

You might want to reduce the detail level of your logging - especially if you don't use them. You can always bump up the detail when you need it. That will make the files smaller, though not less numerous.
--
Neil

Neil Herber, RGD
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/