From: Neil Herber <nospam@mail.eton.ca>
Subject: Re: A _simple_ list server?
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2002 15:10:22 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
It is rumored that on or about 2002-07-18 11:53 AM -0700, Thomas Tempelmann wrote as follows:
Can this be solved somehow with macjordomo? One solution would be that
I could identify myself with my real name instead of the flaky mail
address, but macjordomo does not seem to support that for UNSUB.
The best way would be if macjordomo would show my subscribed mailing
addr in the mails it delivers to me as a subscriber. Can I enable
that somehow?

Thomas

As long as you have one and ONLY one subscription to a list coming to a single domain, then SIMS will insert the destination account into its received header line.

For example:

List 1: "listuser@tempel.org" the ONLY subscriber from tempel.org, SIMS inserts the address in the received header.

List 2: "listuser@tempel.org" and "anotherguy@tempel.org" both subscribed to the list, SIMS will NOT insert either address into the received header.

--