From: Mark Hartman <mh-list@harthaven.com>
Subject: Re: A _simple_ list server that can identify the receiver's mail addr?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:15:58 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 10:30 AM -0700 7/22/02, Thomas Tempelmann wrote:
If macjordomo would include the receiver's e-mail address in clear text,
either in the To: header or in the msg (as a footer, for instance), the
problem would be solved. Thus I had asked this list if there is such a
feature perhaps hidden in the software. This is apparently not the case.

Most list servers don't do this, simply because (to conserve bandwidth)
they send a single copy of the message, with multiple "RCPT TO"s to each
mail server it goes to (i.e., each domain gets only one).  I believe that
AutoShare can be configured to send one-for-one, in which case SIMS will
put the recipient address into the headers; I have no idea about MacJ.