From: Thomas Tempelmann <listuser@tempel.org>
Subject: Re: A _simple_ list server that can identify the receiver's mail addr?
Date: Mon, 22 Jul 2002 20:36:01 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Bob Bergey wrote:

>If you delivered 50,000 to 100,000 e-mails a day with
>SIMS/Macjordomo, as I do, you'd care very much if it makes it slow!
>Message turn-around time is fairly critical for most of the
>discussion lists I host, and a slow list server or mail server would
>put me out of business.

What's your point? Nobody forces you to choose the option I want
to have (but I still prefer to be a recipient of those mailing
lists that tell me my subscription e-mail. Again, it is my choice
I am talking about, no need to argue with me).

And LuKreme wrote:

>If Macjordomo did this it would have to send 35,000 separate emails to
>35,000 different subscribers.

What is it with all of you? You are all repeating moot statements.
I asked to have a feature, and there is no point in your telling
me/us that you do not need this feature. If you don't need it, then
what's the problem. It should be optional, anyways, because there
is no and was never a question that this "feature" would slow the msg
delivery down.

Or did you all get the impression that I was wanting that mandatory?
I'm sorry if I expressed myself so poorly, but wouldn't common sense
prevent such an understanding?

And Bob Bergey wrote further:

> I see an opening for you! If you could develop a fast,
>full-featured list server that was very inexpensive, I'd bet you'd
>have a ready market for it!

Oh my. I have sooo many projects I want to realize, and they're
all so cool and promising ... :-)

No, thanks. That's why I asked this list: To find a list server
that suits me well enough. Macjordomo is quite good, so I thank
the list again for helping me out here.

And I'll also check out AutoShare, which someone only mentioned
while making a different point :-)

Lyle D. Gunderson suggested:

>In his case, can't he look in the SIMS logs and see to which email
>account the list emails are being sent originally?

Of course I could, since I run a rather small list here, anyways.
I was just going by the principle (which I value very much) that
I do not want to do upon others that I do not like to be done on
me (loosely translated from German).

Thomas