From: Thomas Tempelmann <listuser@tempel.org>
Subject: Re: SIMS freezes often under OS X
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2002 19:25:20 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Global Homes Webmaster wrote:

>> >I don't think you can do that with individual Classic apps.
>>
>> Of course I can!
>
>You can, eh? Then what's the question, again?

The question was: does anyone know a system command or AppleEvent
to execute this force quit, saving me from having to write something
up in CW, which would take much more time.

>It seems that your problem boils down to how to
>get OS X to pass an ExitToShell or similar into the Classic Environment.

No, not really. I could have an agent app running in Classic that I'd
send a AppleEvent. That's simple.
But it would have to execute the ExitToShell at the right time, and
that's rather difficult, I'd say. Because if the app has crashed, I have
to find a good way to time it right using an interrupt. But since OS X
already can force-quit individual Classic apps, there must be some
provision for that, and I am looking for that.

>My intent is always to be respectful and polite

Sorry, didn't sound to me like that. I had rather the impression you
turning down my goals with arguments that had no proof. Kind of like
knowing it all better, having to say something about everything.
I might be projecting, because I do that a lot myself, I guess :)
If you did not mean it that way, then I am sorry to have misunderstood
you. I am German, and I may have trouble understanding the fine tunes,
as well as others may misunderstand me because of that.

No harm done.

Thomas