From: Thomas Tempelmann <listuser@tempel.org>
Subject: Re: SIMS and MacDNS -> NonSequitur
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2002 15:07:16 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Dave Pooser wrote:

>Since nobody else has said it, I will: MacDNS is absolute junk.

Another cheap alternative is NonSequitur - it can not server as
your LAN's only DNS though, since it can not look up records
out the "outside" for records it has does not carry itself.

But I use it as the provider to a NS that fetches all my domain
infos regularly, which is a full-features NS running on Unix.
That way, I can easily manage and change my domain records,
and the big NS picks them up and delivers them into the world.

Also you can use NonSequitur as a secondary NS in all your
clients. That way, your clients will get local records from
NonSequitur, while they get more public records from other
outside NSs.

I find it very stable.

 http://www.gross.net/nonsequitur/

Thomas