From: The Count of CipherSpace <CountZeroI@CipherSpace.org.in>
Subject: Re: SIMS and MacDNS (Was: How to get SIMS and server and everythingto work right.)
Date: Tue, 06 Aug 2002 19:16:56 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>, Mark Wheeler <musicarr@attbi.com>
Others have answered your questions;  and, made some excellent
suggestions - so, I'll leave well enough alone.

Mark Wheeler at 2002-08-06 10:18 from musicarr@attbi.com wrote:

<snip>

>The A record or "Permanent Host" -- that may be part, if not most, of the
>problem. How do I check to see if I have an A record for
>tonedeafstudios.com? Where is that set in MacDNS?

<snip>

The same way as you created one for ns1.tonedeafstudios.com - select "Add
Permanent Host".  But, since you already have the IP used in the A record
for "ns1", MacDNS will probably complain - one solution is to put "ns1"
into the aliases list, so that, both "ns1" and "www" will become CNAMEs
(with just "tonedeafstudions.com" as the A record).  However, one is "not
supposed to" have CNAMEs for name servers ...