From: dale's stuff <stuff@colony.net>
Subject: Re: Speaking of dorkslayers...
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2002 01:01:50 +0200
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
This topic got me interested in checking for the first time in a long timemy mail server.

On Friday, August 23, 2002, at 09:11  PM, Stefan Jeglinski wrote:

BTW, I too am on the Selwerd list, apparently because I'm in an IP block
owned by Qwest.

No, just about *everyone* appears to be on the Selward list. Unfortunately,
 their web site does little to explain the motivation for it, and anyone that uses it will experience very high collateral damage AFAICT. I'd love to see an explanation of what the point is.

And guess what, Selwerd also has apparently the netblock my mail server is in listed as well. The funny thing is that they claim the following:

--- start ---
XBL/cw: linkexchange/listbuilder; mail to unknown user at selwerd.cx (20010715); spam to webmaster (20010723); spam to abuse (20011108); www.messagemedia.com; alemailmarketing; mail.project.com; scelson

Negative 30: ABL ASS BLARS BOPM DORKS DRBL_CRO DRBL_EXP DSBL FIVETEN FORMMAIL INTERSIL JIPPGMA LNSG NJABL NOMORE ORDB OSIRU PM0NO PROXIES RFC_IPWH RSL SBL SPAMBAG SPAMCOP SPEWS SPFILTER WIREDYNA WIREHUB WYTNIJTO ZTL

Now what is funny is that at the time they claim to have received said spam,
 those IP addresses were assigned to me, but they were unused!!! I was still using older PSINet IP's from my co-location host. So the IP's were not in use by anyone!

and of course, non of the other lists have me listed either by the current IP's or the old ones for the simple reason that I was running SIMS at the time on the same machine as my webserver and CGatePro as my main mail server - with all anti-spam features turned on.

Stefan Jeglinski

Oh well, I don't think I have ever gotten an email blocked due to them.

Dale