From: Thomas Tempelmann <listuser@tempel.org>
Subject: Spambag blacklists my internet provider - shall i be concerned?
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2002 19:19:05 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Checking my SIMS' IP addr (mail.tempel.org) at http://www.openrbl.org/
showed me that I had 2 _positive_ listings:

1. SPAMBAG/pacbell: Blocked - see
http://www.spambag.org/cgi-bin/spambag?mailfrom=pacbell
2. XBL/pacbell: NETBLK-SBCIS-101219-141339/zaconta;
NETBLK-SBC-06711508012829/S1223

Both block me because my IP addr is part of PacBell. While PacBell may be
at fault for not being responsive about abuses, I feel that I do not
deserve to be blacklisted, but only the mail servers from PacBell.

Spambag can not be contacted about this misconfig in any way (other that
thru a mailing list, it appears), and the other one does not even
identify itself.

Now, will everyone who uses openrbl for blacklisting automatically block
me because of these two positives out of 29 lists? That would be quite
stupid, but I just want to make sure.

Thomas