From: Darrin Cardani <dcardani@buena.com>
Subject: Users can't send
Date: Wed, 28 Aug 2002 16:32:13 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I'm seeing a weird problem. When the users try to send an email with attachments (small, about 100 kilobytes total), sending fails. On their end, it says the connection timed out. On SIMS, it sits there looking like it's receiving a file, but the count stays at 0 bytes. On some attempts it will get up to 8k or 16k, but never higher than that. Eventually, it times out on SIMS, too. However, they can send emails without attachments with no trouble, and the POP server seems to work fine, even for large emails with attachments. They are, of course, using Outlook and/or Outlook Express on Windows. My connection is fine. I can download multi-megabyte QT trailers and play them back with no trouble, so I don't think the issue is my connection. Any idea what could cause this?

Thanks,
Darrin
--
Darrin Cardani - dcardani@buena.com