From: Carl Holmberg <cmholm@apple20.mhpcc.edu>
Subject: Hello? Are These RBLs Working?
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 18:02:59 -1000
To: <simS@mail.stalker.com>
All,

I may have gone overboard with my RBL list with my copy of SIMS 1.8b8. I have ten or so listed (see below) and check the logs almost daily to see how things are going. You'll note that 'bl.spamcom.net' is at the top of the rbl list.

I haven't performed a rigorous grep of the logs yet, but over the last few months I don't recall seeing mention of any rbl but 'spamcop' accompanying the "SPAM?" rejections. Could it really be that Spamcop happens to cover all of the spam attempts such that the other rbl's don't get exercised (presuming there's an if-then-elseif logic thru my rbl list), or are the other lists really that conservative that they've never seen an ip they didn't like?

Carl

rbls:
bl.spamcop.net
sbl.spamhaus.org