From: Bill Cole <listbill@scconsult.com>
Subject: Re: Return-Path: <>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2002 08:25:32 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 11:46 AM +0100 10/28/02, Alan Summerfield  imposed structure on a stream of electrons, yielding:
Hello,

I use the router to filter messages using the Return-Path, but suddenly I'm
getting messages (supposedly from Postmasters and MAILER-DAEMONs but clearly
SPAM) where the first line is:

What can I enter to block such messages?

Don't even try.

All messages generated by MTA's should have a null sender like that. Bounces, return reciepts, etc. all have an empty return-path by design. If you reject mail that has an empty return-path you will be rejecting some spam but you will reliably reject all error messages as well.

--
Bill Cole
bill@scconsult.com