From: The Count of CipherSpace <CountZeroI@CipherSpace.org.in>
Subject: Re: Routing Spam
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2002 11:51:35 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>, Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Warren Michelsen at 2002-11-10 01:11 from Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com wrote:

>There's obviously nothing I can put on the secondary server to stop this.

Oh, okay - sorry for misunderstanding.

>The router entry above is on the main mail server. I was hoping for a
>router entry on the PRIMARY server, following the rule that catches the
>real addresses and routes them to local accounts: <*@domain1,com> = dom1-*
>
>Without using the "unknown" account, is there any way to catch all the
>bogus addressees on the primary server and not bounce them back to the
>backup mail server?

The only way would be to have an entry for ALL accounts, then route
non-existing ones to a particular mailbox;  something like:

<ac1@domain1.com> = dom1-ac1
<ac2@domain1.com> = dom1-ac2
<acN@domain1.com> = dom1-acN

<*@domain1.com> = dom1-NoCigar

this would be manageable if you don't have too many accounts in domain1;
and, if you remember to add an entry above the last one, every time you
add another account.