From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: Re: Backup SIMS spamtraps Revisited
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 17:22:51 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 1:38 PM -0800 12/09/2002, Craig Bowers wrote:
>On Mon, 2002-12-09 at 08:41, Warren Michelsen wrote:
>> I'm still trying to find out the syntax for an all-domains spamtrap on my backup SIMS server.
>>
>> Assuming that I use "ralph" as a spamtrap for all domains, what kind of router entry can I put on my backup SIMS to catch ralph@domain1.com, ralph@domain2.com, ralph@domain3.com, etc.?
>>
>> No matter what I put in the router, when I enter ralph@domain1.com (or any other domain) into the Router Test on recent versions of SIMS, the response is always that it will be routed, i.e.,
>> ralph at SMTP(domain1.com) (safe)
>>
>> I'm trying to avoid separate spamtrap router entries for every domain.
>
>Did you actually try <ralph> = spamtrap ?

I tried:
<ralph> = spamtrap
<*ralph> = spamtrap
<ralph*> = spamtrap
ralph = spamtrap
*ralph = spamtrap
ralph* = spamtrap and even
ralph@* = spamtrap though I figured it couldn't work.

Then I turned to the list for assistance.

>I don't have any accounts on my backup MX either, only anti-spam
>entries, and domain1.com=domain1.com.smtp entries in the router.  It
>rejects the generic spamtraps fine, regardless what domain I specify.

"Generic" in the sense that no domain is specified, as in <ralph> = spamtrap?

Where in your router do you place these?