From: Warren Michelsen <Warren@MDCCLXXVI.com>
Subject: Re: Open relay detected within your network
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2003 20:27:14 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 4:16 PM -0800 01/07/2003, Paul Didzerekis wrote:

>If you reread what I wrote you will see that I HAVE tried it with the router line and the secondary not in the client host list.  You are not reading what I wrote before you reply.

Sorry, Paul, it's just that when you write:

At 11:14 AM -0800 01/07/2003, Paul Didzerekis wrote:
>The only thing that I changed to close the relay was to remove this line:
>
> 3-rivers.com = 3-rivers.com.smtp
>
>from the router on the backup.
>
>There is obviously a bug in SIMS that opens a relay if that line is in the router.
>
>Either having that line in there OR having the backup in the primary's client list will open this relay hole.

... one can only wonder. What the router line says is, "if I receive mail for 3-rivers.com, relay it to 3-rivers.com's smtp server"  To describe this* instruction to relay* as a "bug" because it relays, well...

... forgive me if I suspect that you're not on top of your game.

Your primary is *acting like* the secondary is a trusted client host. If that is not the case, then check everything else about your configuration. You are using the latest 1.8b9d14 -- same as I and others use -- so we know that, properly configured, you should not be having this problem. You just have to figure out what's wrong with your configuration. Check everything.