From: Neil Herber <nospam@mail.eton.ca>
Subject: Re: Auto Dialup Issue
Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 08:25:40 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
It is rumored that on or about 2003-04-10 11:48 AM +0100, Dene Stringfellow wrote as follows:
I would be grateful if someone might be able to assist me in trying to
pinpoint why one of the mail servers I manage suddenly started to
automatically dial out to the IP address 216.95.145.66 every 2 minutes.

Sorry, but I can't help you for 2 reasons:

1) The terms "dial up" and "dial out" have very specific meanings in the telephone modem world, but SIMS doesn't know anything about modems (unless there is a hidden feature I have not found) so "dial" problems are not directly related to SIMS.

2) You can't "dial out" to an IP address - you dial a phone number. Also, none of the log entries you provided show the 216.95.145.66 IP you refer to.

You might want to either rephrase your question or describe your physical connection to the internet. Otherwise, the question you have posed makes no sense to me.

--
Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/