From: Tom Marsh <tom@tommarsh.net>
Subject: Alternate routing suggestion for SIMS as ISP Mail server
Date: Sun, 13 Apr 2003 10:48:32 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
If you need to differentiate further (ie, if you have 3 domains with the address "sales@..." or "info@..." or "webmaster@..." etc), you'd need to do further router entries.

For instance

<sales@domain1.com> = domain1sales
<sales@domain2.com> = joe
<*@domain3.com> = domain3@otherisp.com

owndomain.com = mail.owndomain.com
domain1.com = mail.owndomain.com
domain2.com = mail.owndomain.com

I've considered doing with my SIMS box what the original poster is doing with his SIMS server, and found a  portion of the doc that seems to apply. This scheme looks a little easier to setup...

<*@owndomain.com> = *
<*@domain1.com> = *!domain1
<*@domain2.com> = *!domain2
etc

Such that, when you add an account (ie. Domain2 says "Add a new user named JohnSmith@domain2.com" you create an account on the SIMS server named johnsmith!domain2, and the router (with above entries) should drop it in his box.

The other respondent's suggestion would work perfectly well--but this way seems to have a little less administrative overhead, and each domain or sub-domain you're covering would need only one line in the router, instead of one line per account on any domain...That could get to be big real fast.

Now, I haven't really DONE this myself yet, and probably never will... I'm preparing to transition SIMS into a backup mail server role for a mail service I'm going to roll out this summer... (You can bet I'll post details as they become available.)

Good luck though! Us e-mail admin geeks have to stick together!

tom