From: Dene Stringfellow <ridgedale@freeuk.com>
Subject: Re: Auto Dialup Issue
Date: Tue, 15 Apr 2003 11:28:21 +0100
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Thanks for your input Alex. I haven't heard of this company before!
Now that I have blocked the IP address using the router, will the MacTCP
Watcher software pick up rejected dialup requests? The users do use Eudora
and have their mail client automatically set to check their mailboxes once
every 15-30 minutes. This has always been the case, long before this
automatic dialup to the IP address 216.95.145.66 every 2 minutes started
happening.
As far as I was aware, the SIMS server only initiates a dialup call when it
wants deliver outgoing email, and the incoming email is handled by the
Mailtron Gateway dialer software which is set to check the incoming mailbox
at the service provider every 30 minutes during the normal working day.
I'll set up the MacTCP Watcher software to monitor the TCP/IP activity and
see if I get any feedback.

Thanks again.

Dene

--