From: Ron Risley <ron@risley.net>
Subject: Re: AT&T Broadband Spam?
Date: Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:05:53 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 11:09 -0500 4/18/2003, Joe Laffey opined:
I, for one, applaud this move, and wish the cable and DSL providers would
block all outgoing connections to port 25 from these ips. This would,
naturally, anger a lot of tech savvy people with those types of
connections (many of whom are on this list).

I have mixed feelings about it. Earthlink blocks port 25 outbound from all its dialup and dynamic IP's, and it creates real headaches for laptop users who roam (and call me complaining that my SMTP server is broken whenever they roam onto an Earthlink network). On the whole, it's probably a good idea, but it isn't completely benign even for the non-tech savvy.

--Ron
--
Ron Risley
www.risley.net