From: Chris Wagner <ismgr@atchisonkansas.net>
Subject: Re: AT&T Broadband Spam?
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 2003 08:13:43 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Dave Pooser:

 I was looking for a solution that supported Mac OS X and content filtering
 and so I had pretty much outgrown SIMS anyway.

What solutions did you come up with outside Communigate?  I have 3 domains
and I don't want to spend $1000 to route a small stream of 6 accounts.

Cheers

--- Rich Fortnum / Viaduct Productions / Toronto (EST)
--- LDCMS Web-based Content Management System
--- Affordable, Quick, Powerful, Logical!
--- http://www.viaduct-productions.com

Rich,

If your running the mail off OS X, you might consider running Postfix and use Procmail to filter the messages.

That would definitely fit into your budget (free), though it has a fair bit of command-line interface and requires Apple Developer Tools to be installed.

http://www.stepwise.com/Articles/Workbench/eart.1.0.html

That, or you could run Sendmail alongside the latest Security Update from Apple (X.2.5).

O'Reilly Network has a great article on configuring Sendmail on Jaguar.

http://www.macdevcenter.com/pub/a/mac/2002/09/10/sendmail.html

I didn't catch whether you said you were running mail off a Classic box or not, so if you are, just disregard.

I certainly don't want to lead you away from CommuniGatePro.

I know nothing about it other than what I've read of it, but I did install the Classic version of CommuniGate at one time and the filtering worked especially well, so I can only imagine that it works as well or better on X.

Just a couple of thoughts.

Chris