From: Steven <srt@bigpond.net.au>
Subject: Verify return paths?
Date: 25 Apr 2003 18:05:32 +1000
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I have set my SIMS server to Relay for Clients only, and I haven't added
any IP address to the Client list, instead setting the option that for 30
secs authenticated IPs are treated as Client ones (this works for my
situation).

With this configuration alone, it seems to me that the server could not be
used by spammers as a mail relay (especially since the server requires APOP
which protects the passwords).

What, if any, then is the extra protection afforded by checking the Verify
Return Paths option?

thanks,
Steve