From: Charles Mangin <option8@option8.com>
Subject: whitelisting abuse address
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 2003 16:10:56 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
following many of the tips from folks on this list, I have compiled a pretty workable blacklist and router setting on my newly appointed SIMS box. my personal inbox is seeing significantly less spam because of this, and of that, i'm fairly proud.

however, i do have some clients on my system that may eventually start getting legitimate email from a domain or IP range I've blocked. so, here's 2 questions, which may or may not have already been addressed here or elsewhere:

1> how do i "whitelist" any email coming to abuse@mydomain coming from an otherwise blocked domain or IP block? i've seen it discussed, but not an example router setting posted. that's what i'm after - an easy example i can steal, er.. borrow, for my own use.

2> how do i send a message to those blocked by my blacklist, etc, to email abuse@ to get unblacklisted? i read somewhere that someone was recommending using resedit on the SIMS application itself to customise similar messages, but again, no explicit instructions did i find. i'm hesitant to break into resedit if it can be avoided by a simple preference setting i have yet to stumble upon.

thanks for any help, it is greatly appreciated.

             charles mangin | Alpha Geek and Chief Mental Hygienist
        option8@option8.com | What's that watermelon doing there?
     http://niftee-tron.com | http://mentalhygiene.com