From: Michael Croft <michael@whiterose.org>
Subject: Re: Using Spamtrap
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 11:41:25 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 11:32 AM -0500 5/19/03, Sean Lackey wrote:
>Howdy!
>
>has anyone been using the spamtrap feature in SIMS?. Does it work?  How
>do I know if it works?

yes, yes, you will find priority 1 entries in your log like this:
02:22:13 1 SMTP-262(blah.net) SPAM? address <gomi@whiterose.org> is a
SpamTrap address
02:22:13 1 SMTP-262(blah.net) SPAM? Mail from
'<gakinimiy@representative.com>' rejected: SpamTrap

>in my router in SIMS I have set:
>
><tom@ncgraphics.com> = spamtrap
><mary@ncgraphics.com> = spamtrap

Well, I don't know if that will work.  The docs don't specify the domain.
<tom>=spamtrap
http://www.stalker.com/mac/SIMS/AntiSpam.html#SpamTrap

>is that the correct way to do it?  How can I capitalize on it?

put the spamtrap addresses in meta data or comments on all your web pages.
Use it in blog comments and guest books.  put it in the body of a message
to this list. :)

>I used
>to hit remove buttons in spam that sent me to a site to remove a
>specific email address and I would enter one of the two above, but does
>it really do any good?

Maybe.  If they have a key in the link, you might still have told them
which message got through.  I'd follow the rule of "never talk to spammers
except via your lawyer."
--
Michael Croft       http://www.whiterose.org/michael
SAM: It's 106 miles to the Crack of Doom. We've got a magic ring,