From: Global Homes Webmaster <webmaster@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: A spam gripe (OT?)
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 11:55:06 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 08/06/03 at 11:21 -0700, Global Homes Webmaster opined:

> > >Anybody else have this problem? What do you do? Just trash the
> > >spam and go on?
>
> I never just trash spam and move on. I look at the IP addresses of
> the hosts that relay it to my server, whether it's addressed to a
> whiteholed address or not. If the IP is not already blacklisted
> either in my internal list or by an RBL that I use, I will consider
> blacklisting it (depending on who it belongs to and other partially
> subjective factors).

I forgot an important step here, germane to this discussion, I will also
send an abuse report to whatever abuse address is listed by whois.abuse.net
for the owner of the IP address's enclosing block. If my abuse report is
bounced (e.g. the listed abuse address is spamtrapped or otherwise not
accepting mail), I will be far more inclined to blacklist the offending IP
and possibly its enclosing block.

                      <http://www.globalhomes.com/>