From: Global Homes Webmaster <webmaster@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: 1.8b8 vs 1.8b9d14?
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2003 14:03:51 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 09/26/03 at 14:50 -0600, LuKreme opined:

> What I can't figure out is why a judge thinks someone calling MY PHONE
> is a "free speech" issue.  Sorry, but no one has the right to use MY
> PHONE without MY permission.

Exactly so. I pay for my telephone service, so I should be able to say who
can have access to me through it. And further, the first amendment
guarantees that the gummint can't keep telemarketeers from saying whatever
they want (this is a good thing), but it doesn't say that the
telemouseketeers have a right to make me to listen to them (also a good
thing).

But we've strayed pretty well off topic here (except insofar as you can
draw analogies between telemarketing and spam), so we probably shouldn't
pursue it.

                      <http://www.globalhomes.com/>