From: Christian F Buser <mac-christian@ananzi.co.za>
Subject: Re: 2 TLDs, one SIMS Server...
Date: Sat, 27 Sep 2003 23:39:47 +0200
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello Ron Johnson. At 04:47 -0500 27.09.2003, you wrote:

I did see something in the manual, & the archives,  about running two domains, however, it looked to me like you couldn't mix TLDs -- .org = .com, etc.  Enlighten me, please?

Why not?

All you need to do is to properly set up your router.

At the top you need entries like se to tell SIMS to consider mail for the other domains:

mail.ourdomain.org    =  ourdomain.org
mail.*                =  *
didactica.com         =  ourdomain.org
frr.net               =  ourdomain.org
giuru.ch              =  ourdomain.org

Then you need a workaround for the fact that a mailbox called "abc" would receive all mail addressed to abc@ourdomain.org as well as abc@didactica.ch or abc@frr.net or abc@giuru.ch. For example

<info@giuru.ch>       =  info-giuru@ourdomain.org

Of course, you could also route these messages to an outside address, just enter the complete address at the right side.

Hope this helps.

Best wishes, Christian.

--
Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)     Hilfe für Strassenkinder in Ghana: <http://www.chance-for-children.org>