From: Christian F Buser <mac-christian@ananzi.co.za>
Subject: Re: Two domains, One Server, One Computer
Date: Sun, 28 Sep 2003 00:08:49 +0200
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hello Tim Smith. At 16:58 -0500 27.09.2003, you wrote:

We have two Domains one is a  mccsiouxfalls.org & the is other dakotarainbow.com.
We want to receive email for the .org on our .com email server....where as our .com server address is dakotarainbow.com which is also our MX record. We got a few email about multiple domains, but we like to know if you can have two different TLD on just one sims server. We now have a .org domain & that we are hosting their website as well. We want to make it easy for them & us to setup this up.

I think I read and answered this before...

You need some entries in your SIMS router, as well as a "polica" on how to name the accounts. Either there are all individual accounts, so for example abc@mccsiouxfalls.org and abc@dakotarainbow.com would be delivered to the same inbox, or you have distinct mailboxnames which are translated in the router so that abc@mccsiouxfalls.org would go into the mailbox abc-mccsiouxfalls and abc@dakotarainbow.com would go into the mailbox abc-dakotarainbow.

You need to set up the DNS to point to the same IP address for both domains. SIMS then will deal with the rest.

We have Port Forwarding enabled to internal addresses on ports 80, 110, 25 etc what must do to host the .org account on our primary mail Server. Please if you give example please explain in detail how to go about this?

For SIMS you would also want to forward port 8010 (which is SIMS web interface). Of course, if you changed this to 80, it is okay (but you'll have many entries in your log files of some hackers  trying to break in).

Best wishes, Christian
--
Christian F. Buser, Hohle Gasse 6, CH-5507 Mellingen (Switzerland)     Hilfe für Strassenkinder in Ghana: <http://www.chance-for-children.org>