From: Global Homes Webmaster <webmaster@globalhomes.com>
Subject: Re: Whitehole a Blacklisted address?
Date: Wed, 8 Oct 2003 09:52:30 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 10/08/03 at 09:28, Joe Sporleder wrote:

> Here is the log entry for this particular problem.
>
> How can I write the router entry so that any email from
> nephitimesnews.com to any wacondatrader.com address will go through and
> override relays.ordb.org for this specific circumstance?

I don't think that you can do that exactly.

> The other option I suppose would be to delete relays.ordb.org from
> my RBL.

There are a couple of other options, each of which has drawbacks. The first
is, expanding on Jeff's suggestion, whitehole all wacondatrader.com
addresses with something like:

<*!wacondatrader.com@blacklisted> = *

The drawback here is that _all_ mail, including spam, directed at
wacondatrader.com accounts will get through, not just mail from the address
you're trying to whitehole. I doubt that you want to do this.

The second option is to add the specific IP address that you wish to
un-blacklist to your Client Hosts list, which overrides any blacklists. The
drawback here is that it makes you an open relay for any mail coming from
that address, not just the mail that you want to receive. Of these two
options, the second is probably preferrable. In order to exploit it, a
hypothetical spammer would have to stumble onto the fact that, while you're
close to relays from everywhere else, you're open to relays from just that
one address. I've done this for one or two addresses and, touch wood,
haven't yet had cause to regret it.

                      <http://www.globalhomes.com/>