From: <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: Re: Any way to stop spoofing?
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 01:10:08 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 11:26 PM -0500 1/13/04, Charles Martin wrote:
Is there any way to stop spammers from using my email address as a return address on their spam?

Nope.  You're not alone, either.

Your best defense is to use a disposable address for lists or any other time it could leak out into spammer's hands.

You now have a disposable address: the one that's been compromised.

I suggest that you create yourself a new one and start using it in your correspondence.  Protect it.  And when the real mail on the old address drops to zero for a long enough period of time, you can add it to your spamtraps.

--
Bill Christensen
http://greenbuilder.com/contact/

Green Building Professionals Directory: http://directory.greenbuilder.com