From: Tod Fitch <Tod@FitchDesign.com>
Subject: Re: VNC Performance on OS 9.2 SIMS Machine less-than-stellar
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 16:35:46 -0800
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Even more off topic: I have a VNC server on my company supplied Windows machine. When I absolutely have to access some Windows specific software I access it though the VNC client on my OS X iBook. And the performance is depressingly poor. (Good thing that most of my remote access is X windows onto a Sun box.) Any notes or hints on improving VNC performance in general? By the way, the only thing the old VNC server did for my OS 8 box was to make it very unstable. I have not tried running a VNC server on a Mac since.

To change the topic to a little more mail server specific: Does anyone on this list have opinions about "Sender Permitted From" (SPF) as described at http://spf.pobox.com/

Or, for that matter, opinions on the concept of greylisting as described at http://projects.puremagic.com/greylisting/

Both of these seem to twist the existing RFC standards a bit but on the surface, both seem to have some promise if I understand them correctly. And neither of them will be supported by SIMS but do seem to be supported by postfix and sendmail.