From: Neil Herber <nospam@mail.eton.ca>
Subject: using the submitted folder - new problem for me
Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 16:25:31 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I have many Tango (middleware) scripts that create text files and then drop them into the SIMS submitted folder. These have been working flawlessy for years, but today I managed to break one.

I used the Tango Editor on a PC and found that the text for the submitted file used Mac line endings (CR only). Not really a problem, but it was difficult to read on screen because it appears as one long horizontal line, so I simply typed over the CRs with the Enter key. This, unknown to me, made the line endings DOS style (CRLF).

To my surprise, this made the submitted file unreadable to SIMS and it simply moved it to the trash. So the $64 question is: Is there a switch somewhere that will make SIMS accept CRLF as a valid line ending on mail in the submitted folder? (It accepts SMTP mail from UNIX and DOS hosts, so it must have some smarts about this)

Alternatively, is there some way on a PC to create cut and paste-able text with Mac endings? I use Crimson Editor which can read and save files with Mac, DOS, or UNIX line endings, but a cut and paste from its editing window always yields DOS line endings.

Neil

Neil Herber
Corporate info at http://www.eton.ca/
Tel: (613) 829-4668