From: Dave Pooser <dave.simslist@mail2.alfordmedia.com>
Subject: Re: 2nd IP in Header with HELO
Date: Mon, 03 May 2004 13:32:52 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> There are 2 IP in the header. I assume the first one is the one SIMS
> recognizes and the one that I add to the blacklist, but what does the 2nd
> one mean and what is HELO in front of it?

The first IP is the actual IP of the connecting computer. The HELO is just
how the computer introduces itself, and need not bear any relation to
anything. In this case, the connecting computer is claiming to be a
completely different IP-- yours. Unfortunately, SIMS lacks the capability to
send a 550 "You are not me you lying cur" response to a faked HELO that
belongs to the SIMS server.
--
Dave Pooser
Manager of Information Services