From: Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net>
Subject: Re: Am I doing this right????
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2004 01:14:54 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
From: <mailer-daemon@groups.msn.com>
To: <ganahee@dakotarainbow.com>
Subject: Your e-mail to ilties@groups.msn.com cannot be delivered
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 19:33:24 -0700

Now, my question.  I'm guessing this message is spam, therefore, I need to add an IP to my internal blacklist.  Which one do I use?  I have two choices:  65.54.195.216, (the first IP listed in the header)

the only IP stalker sees.

or 207.68.170.30 (the second IP listed).  If I'm not mistaken, you guys always say that the first IP is the only one you can trust, and that's the one I've been adding to my blacklist, which now contains around 100 IPs.  I know I've asked this question before, but I'm just making sure.  TIA!

This is not a spam, it is a forged sender bounced spam.  You are blacklisting msn's servers, but they did not originate the spam, the merely bounced it to the (forged) From: after failing to deliver it.

--
MEGAHAL: within my penguin lies a torrid story of hate and love.