From: Lewis Butler <lbutler@covisp.net>
Subject: Re: Setting Up SIMS To Run Beside A Web Server
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:51:55 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
On 20 Jul 2004, at 19:38, Robert Dorning wrote:
iii) I can make a TELNET connection to SIMS over my local network, but not from a remote computer. The error message I get on the remote is: Could not open connection to the host on port 25: Connect failed.

Over the local network I can use TELNET to send an e-mail to myself at SIMS.

Then SIMS is working and your problem is that your ISP is not allowing port 25 traffic to come in to your machine.

--
Rid yourself of doubt --
                                or should you?