Mailing List Message #14648
From: Lewis Butler <>
Subject: Re: Setting Up SIMS To Run Beside A Web Server
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 20:51:55 -0600
To: SIMS Discussions <>
On 20 Jul 2004, at 19:38, Robert Dorning wrote:
iii) I can make a TELNET connection to SIMS over my local network, but not from a remote computer. The error message I get on the remote is: Could not open connection to the host on port 25: Connect failed.

Over the local network I can use TELNET to send an e-mail to myself at SIMS.

Then SIMS is working and your problem is that your ISP is not allowing port 25 traffic to come in to your machine.

Rid yourself of doubt --
                                or should you?
-George Carlin