From: <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: Re: Amazing, How Do They Do It?
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 01:56:38 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 1:24 PM +1000 7/23/04, Robert Dorning wrote:
I was very pleased to finally get my new SIMS receiving e-mail and had sent 2 test e-mails to my SIMS account through my ISP. Almost immediately I received 3 or 4 spam addressed to my SIMS account. I was stunned. How do they do it?

I haven't set up the SIMS anti-spam facility yet as I am slowly configuring SIMS and my network.

Warm regards

Check your logs.

It's possible that if you used a "dictionary" word or name for the account name that it was address harvested.

SIMS has anti-address harvesting capabilities, but spammers may be getting wise to that kind of protection and spacing their harvest attempts out more.

--
Bill Christensen
http://greenbuilder.com/contact/

Green Building Professionals Directory: http://directory.greenbuilder.com