From: Dave Pooser <dave-cgpro@pooserville.com>
Subject: Re: Attack
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:33:48 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> The way I handled them was to change the Postmaster account password to
> something extremely hard

...so far so good...

> then started blocking their IPs in the blacklist.

Useless, unfortunately. They're trying SMTP AUTH, which bypasses the
blacklist when successful. Only way to stop that is to block 'em at the
firewall. I have most of Asia unable to even get to my SMTP port after
several such experiences. Be aware they'll likely try POP too....
--
Dave Pooser
Cat-Herder-in-Chief, Pooserville.com