From: <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: Re: Queue Questions
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 04:22:38 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 11:12 PM -0400 7/25/04, Bob Bergey wrote:
At 2:46 PM -0500 on 7-25-04, billc_lists@greenbuilder.com wrote:

 What do you have in the General pane under "Delete failed messages:"

1 Day.

 What do you have in the SMTP pane under "Retry every:" and "Retry" (times)?

Retry every 30 minutes; retry 100 times.

I'd be interested in knowing what the recommended settings are; what do you recommend?

It may be that the above combination isn't working because the messages don't fail until after 1 day.

There are only 48 thirty minute periods per day.  So you're asking it to mark them as failed after more than 2 days.  It's possible that SIMS isn't catching them because they're not marked as failed until after 1 day has passed.

I have 3 days / 15 min / 250 times.  That works out to 2.6 days before it's marked as failed, and shortly thereafter it's deleted. I've usually got a pretty sizeable queue (800 or so messages), but it stays pretty stable.  The only problems I've had is when large files that have bounced from several recipients eat up too much HD space.

--
Bill Christensen
http://greenbuilder.com/contact/

Green Building Professionals Directory: http://directory.greenbuilder.com