Mailing List Message #14678
From: <>
Subject: remote user send problem
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 04:31:21 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <>

I've got a new user who is having trouble sending mail via our SIMS server.  When he tries to send, the first time he gets:

Can't send to ''. The server gives this reason: '591 [] No mail will be accepted. Your host is in a Black List. See <> Your mail to gre'

That's his IP, (which is on SORBS list as it's a dialup) and that is my outgoing blacklist message for SORBS.  But since he's logged in as a verified user of our server (just checked mail, too) he should be able to send. And in fact, the second time he tries, he gets through.

I vaguely recall something like this being discussed a long while back, but don't recall the fix or workaround.  He's using Eudora on Win 2K.

Bill Christensen

Green Building Professionals Directory:
Sustainable Building Calendar:
Green Real Estate: