From: <billc_lists@greenbuilder.com>
Subject: remote user send problem
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2004 04:31:21 -0500
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>

I've got a new user who is having trouble sending mail via our SIMS server.  When he tries to send, the first time he gets:

Can't send to 'http://www.dnsbl.au.sorbs.net/using.html'. The server gives this reason: '591 [63.226.240.3] No mail will be accepted. Your host is in a Black List. See <http://www.dnsbl.au.sorbs.net/using.html> Your mail to gre'

That's his IP, (which is on SORBS list as it's a dialup) and that is my outgoing blacklist message for SORBS.  But since he's logged in as a verified user of our server (just checked mail, too) he should be able to send. And in fact, the second time he tries, he gets through.

I vaguely recall something like this being discussed a long while back, but don't recall the fix or workaround.  He's using Eudora on Win 2K.

--
Bill Christensen
http://greenbuilder.com/contact/

Green Building Professionals Directory: http://directory.greenbuilder.com