From: Michael Croft <michael@whiterose.org>
Subject: Re: Wake from sleep (doh!)
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 22:57:49 -0400
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 10:46 PM -0400 7/31/04, Paul List Hess wrote:
>I was Timbuktu'd into an OS/X server running SIMS, and instead of
>selecting Restart from the Apple menu the mouse jumped and selected Sleep.
>Now the computer is asleep and I cannot access it.
>
>Two things:  1) is there any way you can think of to wake this machine up
>(I have access to the router so poking various ports would not be a
>problems).

There are two ways that can be set up (in advance) to do it.  one is "Wake
when the modem detects a ring" the other is "Wake for Ethernet network
administrator access."  Option 1 requires you to call number of the modem.
Option two requires a special administrator wakeup packet.  I don't know
how to form that, but it should be well documented.

If you didn't set either of these options, I don't know of a way.  telnet
and ssh won't do it.
--
Michael Croft       http://www.whiterose.org/michael
SAM: It's 106 miles to the Crack of Doom. We've got a magic ring,