From: screw databases <screwdatabases@hotmail.com>
Subject: SMTP module is totally deaf!
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 06:18:56 -0700
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
Hi, I searched the archives and found a couple of references to this, but no real help. (other than to make me think I am not alone with this issue).

Basically, SIMS just plain quit taking any connections inbound a couple of days ago.  I have cleared the queue, deleted all 'bad messages', restarted SIMS multiple times, even quit all other running apps on the server computer to see if another process was stealing time, all to no avail.

I can still check mail, and it will deliver it to me, but it times out trying to send.  THis is with both the mail.app and entourage on Panther.

What do I do to get a functioning mail server back?

ADVthanksANCE