From: Mike Hebel <nimitz@nimitzbrood.com>
Subject: Re: SMTP module is totally deaf!
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 08:47:21 -0500 (CDT)
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> I can still check mail, and it will deliver it to me, but it times out
> trying to send.  THis is with both the mail.app and entourage on
> Panther.

Does SIMS take the mail from the mail.app outbox then not deliver it or
does it refuse to even accept it for delivery?
If it's the former chek two things:

1) Check to make sure you have a good DNS server number in the TCP/IP
settings.
2) Check to see if your ISP has started blocking outbound port 25.

If it's the latter then I'd say toss SIMS preferences in the trash and
make sure you didn't accidentally change something in the router or the
SMTP settings.
Is anything besides your messages stuck in the queue?

Mike Hebel
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight