From: screw databases <screwdatabases@hotmail.com>
Subject: SMTP going deaf
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2004 17:10:42 +0000
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
I can still check mail, and it will deliver it to me, but it times out
trying to send. THis is with both the mail.app and entourage on
Panther.

Does SIMS take the mail from the mail.app outbox then not deliver it or
does it refuse to even accept it for delivery?
If it's the former chek two things:

1) Check to make sure you have a good DNS server number in the TCP/IP
settings.
2) Check to see if your ISP has started blocking outbound port 25.

If it's the latter then I'd say toss SIMS preferences in the trash and
make sure you didn't accidentally change something in the router or the
SMTP settings.
Is anything besides your messages stuck in the queue?

Hi - thanks for responding.  No the mail.app never connects outbound, and the mail just sits there in the outbox.  It constantly complains of 'timing out' trying to connect to the server.  However it does accept and deliver mail upon checks.  I will try the prefs trash you suggest.

BTW, the sims list never sent this message to my hotmail account - I had to check it manually.  Wierd!