From: Mike Hebel <nimitz@nimitzbrood.com>
Subject: Re: SMTP going deaf
Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2004 12:42:23 -0500 (CDT)
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
> Hi - thanks for responding.  No the mail.app never connects outbound,
> and  the mail just sits there in the outbox.  It constantly complains
> of 'timing  out' trying to connect to the server.  However it does
> accept and deliver  mail upon checks.  I will try the prefs trash you
> suggest.

Receiving mail i.e. "checking" is done through POP not SMTP so one could
be down but not the other.  I'm not sure where to tell you to look.  Does
SIMS do POP-Before-SMTP?  I can't recall.  But if what you say is correct
that is what it's acting like.

Mike Hebel
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight