From: Mike Hebel <nimitz@nimitzbrood.com>
Subject: Re: SMTP going deaf
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 08:49:34 -0500 (CDT)
To: <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
>> But if what you say is correct that is what it's acting like.
>
> If it were a problem with POP-before-SMTP, I don't think you'd be
> getting time outs when trying to send mail (i.e. when trying to make an
> SMTP connection). You'd be able to connect to the server and then get
> an error saying that you're not allowed to send through the server.

I've found that this depends on the client.  Some of them are so stupid as
to just keep hammering and not report a message except "timed out" when
something doesn't send.
But you're probably right - POP-before-SMTP is most likely _not_ the
problem here.  I just wish I could point to the problem to help out. :-(

Mike Hebel
----
"I think we used too much!" - Chris Knight