From: Mark Hartman <mh-list@harthaven.com>
Subject: Re: SMTP module is totally deaf!
Date: Mon, 9 Aug 2004 09:18:45 -0700
To: SIMS Discussions <SIMS@mail.stalker.com>
At 6:18 AM -0700 8/6/04, screw databases wrote:
>I can still check mail, and it will deliver it to me, but it times out trying to send.  This is with both the mail.app and entourage on Panther.

Try this.

Open up the terminal (/Applications/Utilities).

At the prompt, type:
telnet <xxx> 25

where <xxx> is the name or IP address of your mail server

You should get a response:
Trying <xxx>...

If you get no further response, it's probable that your ISP is blocking
port 25.  Try other mail servers in place of <xxx> and see if you can get
any response at all.

HTH.
--
Mark Hartman Computer Solutions      High-quality solutions since 1977
1-86-MY-MAC-GUY / http://www.mymacguy.com / iChat mark_hartman@mac.com